Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 30 January 2017

The BEST Keto Bread



I am about to start a new adventure in eating.  

I am not going to do some crazy assed trying to loose weight by drinking only shakes, blender drinks, or juicing.  I am going to try avoiding certain foods and seeing of the Keto Diet is the way for me.

Since I am over 400 pounds of fighting fury, I HAVE to do something...  right...  I made this "bread" and if you ask me, it is more like cake than bread.  But it does have a nice taste.


Ingredients

1 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
6 Large eggs Separated
4 tbsp Butter melted
3 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 pinch salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 375.

Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Add Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat until soft peaks are achieved.

In a food processor combine the egg yolks, butter, almond flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined. This will be a lumpy thick dough until the whites are added. Combine in two parts to ensure thorough mixing.

Add 1/3 of the beaten egg whites to the almond flour mixture and process until mixed.

Add the remaining 2/3 of the egg whites and gently process until fully incorporated. Be careful not to overmix as this is what gives the bread it's volume!

Pour mixture into a buttered 8x4 loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick to ensure the bread is cooked through. 





I created a video of me doing this new "bread".  Hope you enjoyed it.

Comments and suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment