Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday 1 February 2020

Poutine A La Farine (Acadian)


Poutine A La Farine is not the fries and gravy that everyone thinks about.  Poutine with the fries, gravy and cheese curds is from Quebec.

This is an Acadian dish.  My father loved it and Mum would make it for him everyone once in a while.

12 potatoes cook and mash
(Keep some of the water to use latter) from the cooking potatoes
Add: 2 teaspoon salt
Add: to the mash potatoes 4 cups flour .

Mix: together add more water if needed little at a time.
Add flour enough to make the dough elastic..... I constantly add flour as I need it each individual poutine .

(Have ready while potatoes cook)
6 apple medium sizes cut up little pieces could be more depend on how much you like to add.


1/2 lbs big raisin


Cut up pork meat (Optional some don't like the meat but it was use original recipe. I cook mine meat in the frying pan ahead. Make a flat ball in your hand like a poutine rapee.

Add meat raisin apple and close the ball well all around. Work well in hands


Boil the water ahead add salt to the water; add poutine one at a time. I dunk mine in flour before I put into the water. Cook about 1 1/2 hour slowly. It Depend the size of ball. It can be cook before that time.

I eat mine with brown sugar some like it just the way it is .


Make sure water keep boiling before adding more poutines.

Do not hard boil.

Original recipe from By Berthe Saulnier.

Comments and suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you I remember my mother made them and we had them at noon.at the time I was around 8 years old.I really enjoyed them and I remember the good taste of raisins ,apples and porc meat.

    ReplyDelete