Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday 3 February 2021

Fried Rice w/veggies



Tonya needed a recipe so that she could make some stir fried rice today

Ingredients

3 cups of cooked rice
3 tablespoons butter
2 eggs (scrambled)
1 white onion (diced)
2 cups of frozen carrots and peas
3 to 4 tablespoons of soy sauce

Stuff you will need

Stock pot to cook the rice
Frying pan (non-stick, or cast iron)
Cutting board
Sharp knife

Directions

Prepare the rice a head of time.  I the rice ready while I'm doing everything else.  I also use minute rice.

I diced the onions really small.  I fried them up, at medium heat, in the butter till translucent.  8 to 10 minutes.

I added the scrambled eggs and cooked them.  Breaking up the eggs so that they were no larger than the size of a pea.

I added the rice, carrots and peas.  Then added the soy sauce.  Mixed everything up.  

Continue to fry the rice.  I do this for another 8 to 10 minutes on medium heat.

Once heated throughout, served right away.

This rice re-heats easily.

You can embellish this basic recipe.  Add shredded chicken/ham.  Add garlic.  Sesame oil or Olive Oil to supplement the butter.

Comments and suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment