Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday 1 October 2022

Beef Gravy Mix



I was on Facebook and found the following was submitted by 

Happy Sandy's Kitchen


I was asked about my Beef Gravy Mix... so here's the recipe.
As I said earlier...
My mom makes great homemade gravy, my sister makes great homemade gravy, and I make really good homemade gravy.... see the trend here? We're a gravy making, eating, and loving family!
I tried, just for convenience, a packaged gravy mix. It was ok... not great... just ok. It did get me to thinking though about making my own gravy mixes with quality ingredients that would still give me the convenience I sometimes need. The picture shows the ingredients I used. When I made the gravy I was very pleased to discover, it was really good!! No after taste, no msg, no artificial flavors, etc... just good gravy!
I wanted to share my recipe with you.

Ingredients

1/2 cup flour
3 tbsp powdered beef broth base
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp ground thyme

Stuff you will need

Mixing bowl with whisk
Canning jar with lid

Directions

Mix all ingredients together and store in a canning jar (I used a pint size jar) or other airtight container.

To make the gravy, add 1/4 cup of the mix with 1 cup milk or water.

If you stir it in really well with a whisk you won't get any lumps in your gravy.

Bring to a boil and then turn heat down and simmer until gravy thickens.

Add more liquid for a thinner gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment