Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Crown Royal BBQ Sauce


Every so often, I will have a "need" to make my own BBQ Sauce.  I don't know why, but I do.  Every time I make it, I think to myself, isn't it easier when you just buy it from the store?  Of course it is.

But I make it anyways and then I hear the compliments.  THAT is why I make homemade BBQ sauce.

This recipe is good if you have finicky kids that don't like onions.  Because everything is powdered, they get the taste, which they like (surprise surprise), but it's hidden, so they can't "see" it.

Ingredients

1/3 cup onion powder
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/2 cup Crown Royal
2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup molassas
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

Stuff you will need

Sauce pan
Whisk
Empty bottle to store this in
Funnel to put the sauce into the bottle

Directions

In a medium saucepan, combine everything. 

Simmer over medium heat till everything is heated and the sauce is bubbly.  Don't burn it.

It is best to refrigerate for at least 1 day to blend flavours.

Comments and suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment