Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday 19 February 2017

Cauliflower Fried Rice the Keto WOE



Do you miss rice?  I know that I do.  But with this recipe, I don't miss fried rice any longer.  YIPPEE!


Ingredients

1 medium head cauliflower
1 large egg
2 Tablespoons cooking oil, divided
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup diced frozen carrots
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
fresh cracked black pepper to taste
2 green onions, diced


Directions

Mince cauliflower into very small crumbled pieces, resembling the size of rice or larger because the cauliflower will shrink as it cooks. You can use a food processor to get this texture, but be careful to not process the cauliflower too much or it will become mushy. We prefer to hand mince everything to get the small texture, so it still remains firm when cooked. 

Heat large skillet on medium high heat. Add olive oil, then add onion and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent.




Add cauliflower and sauté until tender, but not mushy soft. 



Add the peas and carrots and stir until combined.  (I didn't have frozen peas or carrots, so I used a can of peas and shredded 2 carrots)




Add the beaten egg, soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper. Stir until the egg coats all of the cauliflower and becomes cooked.

If needed, add additional kosher salt to taste. Add green onions and stir until everything is combined.

Serve warm.

For the protein I made pan fried haddock.  I used the same "breading" that I did for the Coconut Oven Fried Chicken.  To get the "breading" recipe, click "HERE".

The haddock went from a bowl, to the breading to the skillet.  Fried with butter.  WOW, everything tastes so much better when fried in a cast iron pan.




Supper is served... Keto Way Of Eating



I did a video of my making this Cauliflower Fried Rice.  Hope you enjoy it.





Comments and suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment