Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday 13 November 2016

Cheeseburger Pizza



This recipe is dedicated to my friend, Paul Sharpe.  I replaced Paul at CFS Alert.  I can remember arriving at the station and there was this rather large man with staring eyes, that was looking at the newbies that just arrived.  

He didn't know who I was.  He asked a few people where his replacement was and pointed to me.

As he reached out to shake my hand to introduce himself, he handed me my first aid armlette and the first aid pouch.  This was mine for the next six months.

Paul was also my point of contact from CFB Trenton (we weren't Wings yet).

Later on, I met Paul again during the Flood of the Century at CFB Winnipeg.  He was part of the disaster relief.

Paul and I crossed paths again when I was posted to HMCS Huron.  He was posted to HMCS Protector.  We were both living away from our family, both on the 5th floor of Bernay's Block.

Our paths crossed once again when Paul was posted to 17 Wing Winnipeg.  I was posted to 1 CAD/CANR.

But while Paul and I both lived in Bernay's Block, we used to order Cheeseburger Pizza's and watch Survivor.

Paul, this pizza is for you.

Ingredients

Pizza dough
1 pound of ground beef
1 onion
1 cup pizza sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Crisco lard - to cover the pizza pan before making the pizza

Stuff you will need

1 cookie sheet or 2 large pizza pans

Directions

Using your favorite pizza dough recipe, make up a batch. Enough to cover 1 cookie sheet, so that your pizza slices are square, or 2 pizza pans, so that your pizza will be wedges.  I promise to post my own pizza dough recipe later on.

Fry the ground beef with onions.  Drain and set aside.

Heat your oven to 350 F.

Cover your cookie sheet or pizza pan with the Crisco lard.  This will prevent your pizza from sticking to the pan.

Spread the pizza dough out on the pan.

Put your layer of pizza sauce.  This is where you can get creative.  You can use ketchup, mustard and relish to create this layer.  Put some pickles if you like them on your cheeseburger.

Put about a 1/2 cup of cheese and spread this out.

Now your layer of fried ground beef with onions and top with the remainder of the cheese.

Put into the oven for 40 minutes.

Let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing it.

As you can see by the video, I had my own twist to this pizza by adding a layer of sliced sausage and pepperoni.  Tonya said that I can make this pizza again, over and over.



Comments and suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment