Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Hummingbird Cake


Today, thanks to you, my faithful readers, I will have over 5000 views on my Food Blog.

My Mum told me about this cake and I've made it a few times.  It is a delicious, moist cake full of tropical flavor.

Ingredients

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup pecans, chopped
2 cups bananas, chopped, not mashed

Directions

Grease and flour three 9 inch cake pans. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the flour, sugar, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add the eggs and oil, stirring until all is moist. Do not beat. Stir in the vanilla, pineapple, nuts, and bananas. Spoon into the pans, filling evenly. Bake 25 - 30 minutes, until knife inserted in middle comes out pretty clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely before frosting.

Butter cream frosting, and cream cheese frosting are two really good frosting choices for this cake.

Comments and suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment