Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday 21 August 2016

Cake in a jar

Cake in a jar

Easy recipe, keeps kids happy, individual serving size

Get your jars ready

Make your cake recipe just like it says on the box
Put the cake batter into 4 bowls

Add different food coloring.  
I had to add more food coloring than I would have though.
But I wanted some "rich and deep" colors

OK, it's the color I want

Learn from my fail.  
Do NOT fill more than 3/4 full

Another learn from my fail
Line your cookie tray with parchment paper
But if you get "Boil over", just take the time to clean up the cake before adding the toppings

Top with icing. 
I used a piping bag to top the jars
I added sprinkles, cause everything looks better with sprinkles


Ingredients

1 box vanila cake mix
Food Coloring
Prepared Icing
Sprinkles (Optional)

Stuff you will need

4 bowls
1 dozen canning jars

Directions

Follow the directions to make the cake.

Pour the batter into the 4 bowls.

Add food coloring to each bowl until the color has reached the level you like.  I wanted the colors deep and rich, so I added a lot more coloring than normal.

Pour a little bit of cake batter from each bowl, into the jar.  Making sure not to mix the layers you will be creating.  Only fill the jar till about 3/4 full, otherwise it will volcano over the sides.

Follow the instructions on the cake mix as if you were baking cup cakes.

Remove any cake that has boiled over the top of the car.  Remove a bit it there isn't room for icing.

Pipe the icing into the top of the cake and use sprinkles on top of the icing.

Comments and suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment