Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 16 August 2016

High Mountain Beef Jerky Gun

High Mountain Beef Jerky Gun

This beef jerky is SO easy to make

Get up early and put the coffee on

Yesterday you took a pound of hamburger out to thaw.
Added the High Mountain Beef Jerky spices according to the directions

Load up your Beef Jerky Gun

Just like spreading calking, squeeze out your strips

Round and round you go

Just keep loading the trays

I don't know how many times I had to reload

Plug in the dehydrator for about 12 hours

Nice little snack.  Kept mine in the fridge.  Didn't last more than 3 weeks before it was all ate.

My parents bought me this beef jerky gun, Christmas of 2011.  I have been able to locate the spices at Princess Auto.  There are two store locations that I know of:
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Moncton, New Brunswick

There are variations on the gun.  I seen one that has a tip that will squeeze out two strips at the same time.  I bet that's a time saver.  I seen some that are all metal.  But I like this one as you can see when the tube is getting empty.

Once you are done dehydrating the beef jerky, I rolled them out on a paper towel to remove any excess fat and grease that was on the outside of the beef jerky.

One time, I got a hold of 2 moose steaks.  I trimmed off all the fat, and run it through the meat grinder attachment that I have for my Kitchenaid.  Then I added the spices.  It tasted like beef jerky to me.  If there was a "moose" taste, I couldn't taste it.

I made a batch for my brother-in-law.  He ate the entire batch in one sitting.  He just LOVED it.

As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment