Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Translate

Friday 5 August 2016

Smoked Beef Brisket

Smoked Beef Brisket


If you don't have a smoker, I recommend you make friends with someone that does

I put in my Brisket about 4 hours ago.  There is a pan of home made baked beans under the brisket to catch the drippings.  That recipe will be another day.

You may not think that 200 F is hot.  But I learnt really quick.  IT IS HOT!  I am using the spoon to pull the baked beans out.

I ladle up a helping

Of course I only get enough for 1 serving

Back into the smoker it goes

Smells great

Tastes great too

Sorry for eating in front of you

The beans are DONE

Just the brisket is left inside

Gonna have a lot of beans

The "money" shot

The "secret" ingredient


Not a lot, just enough to make the beans wetter

Stir it in

Stir some more

Cover to keep warm

It's been about 6 hours

Notice my "Shark Glove"

More apple juice on the brisket

Don't pour too much, you don't want to drown it

It's been about 12 hours now

Trying to take the tin foil off.

It LOOKS ruined.  Mum and Tonya were not happy.


I didn't spice up the brisket a lot before it went into the smoker.  Salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.

The smoker was set to about 225, that's it's MAX setting.  I started the smoker about 4 in the morning when everyone was sleeping.  We had the brisket for supper.  I know we had rolls as I got a picture of them.  We also had Nutella Cheese Cake too.  Again, another blog for those recipes.




Smoked Beef Brisket

Ingredients

1 x beef brisket, they range from 8 pound to 15 pounds
Salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder - to taste, no right or wrong amount, it's your preference

Directions

Heat up the smoker about 20 minute

Now, I had made home made baked beans and put that in the smoker to catch the drippings from the beef brisket.  You want to bet, this adds a killer ingredient to those beans.

Depending on the size of the brisket, you may need to cut it in half to fit in the smoker.  Unless you got a massive smoker.  I got a Bradley smoker that Mum & Dad bought for my 50th birthday.  Available at Canadian Tire.  Check out the link if you wanted one ==> CLICK HERE <==

Don't got a smoker.  Hey, you know someone that does.  ME!  I am off on the weekends if ever you wanted to smoke a brisket.

I used apple wood to smoke the brisket.  The "pucks" are also at Canadian Tire.  Lots of variety.

After about 4 hours, I took the beans out cause they were done.  I took the brisket out of the smoker and laid down some tin foil.  Not that cheap stuff that you can get at the Dollar Store, but the HEAVY DUTY stuff.  Extra wide and thick too.  I added about a cup of apple juice to the brisket, wrapped it up and back into the smoker.

After about 12 hours, I took it out and unwrapped it.

Have a look at the video:



We sure did eat well!  It was confirmed...  the meat wasn't ruined after all.

As always, comments and suggestions are ALWAYS welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment