Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday 17 August 2016

Lemon Meringue Pie

Lemon Meringue Pie

Today I will be making Lemon Meringue Pie, from a box

I am not too shy to admit, making a lemon meringue pie from scratch can be done.
Buy why put yourself though that?  Buy the box.  Cheat a little.  Who is going to know?

So you need a good pastry recipe and I just happen to have one

Making the pastry...

Adding stuff

Using the pastry cutter, la la la as I sing while I work

Roll out the pastry

Mum took pics of the pastry recipe

Mum is giving away my secrets

Roll the pastry around the rolling pin and drop it into the pie pan

Press it into the pic pan

Insert more singing

Making sure the edges are good

Prick the bottom s that you don't get a pastry bubble when baking

The dollar store egg seperator

Whites go here, yolks go over there

I can tell that I used 4 eggs

I got the proper amount of water from the tap

Added the contents of the bag to the water and the eggs yolks

Flicking the bag to get all the powder

Stiring

I did a good job.  Stirred it all up.

Kitchenaid with the whisk

Action shot

Another action shot

Happy that I am not whisking this by hand.

Letting the machine do it's "thing"

Pie crust is pre-baked.  Just like the box said to do.

Whisking whisking and MORE whisking

It getting to the point where it will be put on the pie

Put the contents into the pie crust.  Thankfully I was making a deep dish pie, otherwise, it wouldn't have all fit into the pie crust.

Start putting the meringue on the pie

Singing a song

Boring stuff here

Making sure the meringue gets to the sides of the pie

Into the oven for the amount of time it said on the box

Pie is DONE

DO NOT TRY TO TAKE THE PIE OUT WITHOUT OVEN GLOVES

Ah, oven gloves.  Safety first.

The pie

Money shot

Cheap friggin utensils
Threw that in the garbage

The first piece is on the plate

Cutting piece # 2

A piece of pie for Mum, my photographer and one for me


OK, so this post only proved that I can follow a recipe on the back of a box.

For the purists out there, you can make your pie from scratch.  The box is 100% success each and every time.

I will be posting my pie crust recipe in the next blog.  Stay tuned.

Comments and suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment