Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday 18 August 2016

Smoked Pork Tenderloin

Smoked Pork Tenderloin

I really like using my smoker.  Tonya isn't a big fan of all stuff smoked.

I started with a HUGE pork tenderloin.  At least that is what the package said it was.  This is the BIGGEST pork tenderloin I ever seen.

I always start smoking early in the morning before anyone is awake.  You can see that snow fell the night before

Into the smoker it went.  The rack above, bacon wrapped sausages.

Temp is crawling back up towards 225 F

This is after 6 hours in the smoker

Cut up and ready to eat

This recipe isn't very "thought" provoking.  Just time consuming.  Get your pork tenderloin thawed out.  Spice it up.  There are so many rubs and spice combinations out there.  For this first one, I did Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder.  Into the smoker it went for 6 hours.  I used Maple Wood smoke for this.  I smoked for the first 2 hours and then 4 hours of heat.

The bacon wrapped sausages were ready for breakfast, when Tonya got up.  Like a breakfast appetizer.  BUT that is another post.

What we didn't eat, I turned the rest into a pork stir fry.

But it could just have easily been turned into Pulled Pork with your favorite BBQ sauce.  Serve it up with a crusty roll and BOOM, your eating some good eats there!

Comments and suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment