Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 22 August 2016

Sweet and Sour Sauce

Sweet and Sour Sauce



I had a Chinese Cook book and this recipe was the one that I would make over and over again.  I have since misplaced the cook book, but I was able to find the recipe do to the magic of Google.

Ingredients


½ Cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon corn starch
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup chicken broth
¼ cup finely chopped green pepper
2 tablespoons chopped pimento
1 tablespoon soy sauce
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ginger powder


Stuff you will need

Whisk
Pot

Directions

Start by putting the corn starch into the chicken broth and stir that until there are no more lumps in the chicken broth.

Put everything into the pot and turn up to medium heat.  You are going to want to keep an eye on this as once it starts to boil, the corn starch is going to make it thick.  Oh the smells are great too.

I found that you can scale up this recipe without any problems and then keep your sweet and sour sauce in the fridge.

I don't know how long this will last in the fridge as it really never lasts that long for me to find out if it goes bad.

Comments and suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment